Parent Teacher Association
Welcome to the Ballston Spa Middle School Parent and Teachers Association
President: Aimee Carper
Treasurer: Karen Almy
Secretary: Heather Hojnicki
Hello Families. Book Fair is coming up starting in the afternoon on Thursday. We really need volunteers to help man it. If we don’t have enough we will have to close the Book Fair during the times we don’t have anyone, thus limiting the kids ability to get in and get books.
Please consider volunteering!
We currently need help at the following times:
- Friday afternoon
- Monday, May 8 morning and afternoon
- Tuesday, May 9 morning and afternoon
- Wednesday, May 10 morning and afternoon
- Thursday, May 11 morning and afternoon
- Friday, May 12 morning and afternoon
Please consider working with us to make this successful!
Aimee Carper, President
Ballston Spa Middle School PTA
- We hope you are all well and enjoying spring finally arriving! We have so much coming up with many volunteering opportunities. We need your help to finish out this year strong!
- We will be having an apparel sale. The final details are being worked out as we speak and will be launching soon with a really cool design!
- We have an opening for a secretary that we need to fill. We would like to have that spot filled and voted on at our next meeting on May 11, from 7:00-8:00. We really need people to come to that meeting, it will be 100% online. Here is the link to join: May PTA Meeting/Secretary Election
Thursday, May 11 · 7:00 – 8:30pm
Time zone: America/New_YorkGoogle Meet joining info
Video call link: https://meet.google.com/nrm-
- We have Book Fair coming up from May 4-12. This is our BOGO sale, so we will really need help working this event. Here is the sign up to volunteer to work our Book Fair https://signup.com/login/
- We are also needing someone to chair our Staff Appreciation. We are working on a date and also getting information on options, but we need someone to chair this and take it over.
- We will be sending out more information on these events as they develop. Please also watch our Facebook page for information as well!
Aimee Carper, President
Karen Almy, Treasurer
Heather Hojnicki, Secretary
Middle School Families:Hello families and staff:We are pleased to share that we are having an apparel sale! We have a great selection to offer. Please note we are only doing online sales.
The sale will run until October 14th so get your orders in! Please order with the link below!Aimee Carper, PresidentKaren Almy, TreasurerHeather Hojnicki, Secretary
Parents and guardians also have the option to receive information from the school district via text message. To receive test messages, parents have to text the word YES to the number 67587 from each wireless device they wish to receive texts on.
Every Year the PTA sponsors the 6th grade reading incentive program called STRIVE FOR 20. The English Department will give students two separate opportunities to earn tickets for themed gift baskets– one in the beginning of February and one in June. In past years, we have been able to assemble more than 6 baskets for each of these programs. Students are able earn tickets based on how many books they've read throughout the year, and the teachers keep track of the students' progress in the classroom.
Here is where you come in…
We are looking for donated items for student gift baskets. Some ideas are:
***$5-$10 gift cards, mugs, food items, art items, headphones…any small item you know a 6th grader would love
Items can be dropped off in the lobby at the front desk at the Middle School. Please clearly label any donation “PTA STRIVE FOR 20”.
This program would not be possible without you – thank you for your support and help! Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.